Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Day 7

Just making a tastey salad! They're good veggie eaters. Please note they requested the aprons. I did not force them to do anything!
Question: Where in my daily routine can I become more aware of God’s glory?

When I am impatient the world seems to crumble all over. My good friend Ryan Murphy lives by his law: If anything can go wrong it will go wrong. Once something bad happens, does that trigger everything else so we’re more aware of the wretched, awful happenings? Yes, I think so. I believe we also bring on these happenings ourselves, SO…when I’m impatient (which, unfortunately, is part of my daily routine) I need to say, “Jesus, I believe in you and I receive you.” This phrase Rick Warren has the reader whisper while reading this chapter of “The Reason for Everything” is appropriate in numerous daily routines.
If I find myself punishing my nephews more seriously than if I were in a patient, happy mood, I need to say this phrase. It will make me aware of Jesus, the power He has over us, and how I need to be a positive role model to my nephews. Even at work or in class, colleagues do not give a rat’s patoot you couldn’t find your keys and they especially do not expect it to somehow affect their day. I need to be aware of others and God, not my little daily traumas. God should be number one in my life and I need to learn to accept him and ask for his guidance when life happens. He created us and knows us more than we know ourselves, so frankly, if I believe in Him and receive Him, He’ll know what to do.

No comments: