Friday, August 24, 2007

Day 4

8-23-07
Day 4

Question: Since I was made to last forever, what is the one thing I should stop doing and the one thing I should start doing today?
I need to stop worrying. It is easy to get caught up in “What did that person think I meant by that? Will this outfit look ok? Will they think I’m a bad person if I have this beer? Will they misinterpret why I did this?”
Instead, I need to take life as it comes and give things to God. I pray each morning I remember to ask God to guide me through the day and protect me from any evil that may come my way. Lord, I pray you remind me to give my problems to you and not allow them to build up and affect those around me. Please help me to not worry Lord and trust your will.

1 comment:

Care said...

Wonderful wrestlings, Annabel!

If I can add my 2 cents, I try and remember that I have an Audience of One. Helps me to 'fear' only the Dear Lord Jesus and none other. I think this 'what will others think fear' is part of the heavy yoke that we are invited to shed. In turn, taking up the light yoke of Jesus. He pulls most of the weight including the shedding of that cumbersome burden of man-pleasing. All part of consciously determining to become an Apprentice to Jesus.

Proud of you, AnnaBel! Carry on...