Saturday, August 25, 2007

Day 5

Question: What has happened to me recently that I now realize was a test from God? What are the greatest matters God has entrusted to me?

I had two paragraphs written to answer this question and they were just deleted. It is hard to pinpoint one exact event because typically I go through each day or week and remind myself God has something planned for me. A question of “why do you think God tested you that way?” Right now 25 things have me wondering why God did this certain thing or had me encounter a certain someone. I impatiently await the answer to these 25 things, but that’s just it…IT’S A TEST! I believe as a Christian we have all asked, “Why?” That seems legitimate because life is a test. God entrusts us with various gifts for us to choose what to do with.
Waking up each day with God watching over us is a gift. Not very often do I acknowledge this, but God is our Alpha Omega guiding and teaching us. It’s simple really. Life is our test where we ask why things had to be that way and the answer? Because God wanted it that way. What makes the situation more complex is that answer merely isn’t enough. And that seems just fine because I feel if I didn’t search for a deeper answer or pray for more understanding that my faith would not grow. We need tests to reignite our fire. God gives us that spark.
…it’s all easier said than done.

No comments: