Friday, January 25, 2008

Do as the Romans do?

To settle some confusion... In the post below when I state "grab and shake visciously," it is not literal. So no, I am not angry...just exaggerating my feelings with a little sarcasm :)

One night a girlfriend and I were discussing the life of a mutual friend and she said, “That’s great if he wants to go there someday, but what if he doesn’t take advantage of other things going on in his life until he gets there?”

She then briefly discussed her beliefs on how we can have these dreams and goals, but sometimes God gives us leads we don’t take and we arrive at our “dream” feeling regret, empty. We all have ideas of where our life may end up. Some people know exactly what they want to be, some know exactly where they want to go, and some have little direction except if they see the sun rise and know that way must be east.

It’s far too easy over hyping what may come. I tend to beat myself up about not taking advantage of various situations and/or opportunities, but since I cannot control my faults, there are a few select people in my life right now I would love to grab and shake viciously and scream at them, “JUST DO IT!”

But I control my decisions and no one else’s based on what God has in front of me so to each their own…

But pretty soon my decision may be to tell a certain person or two, “When in Rome…”

No comments: