Thursday, September 11, 2008

Murphy's Law

A good friend of mine (take a wild guess) has a poster entitled, "Murphy's Law."

If anything can go wrong, it will proceeds the title.



I have a tendency to stress and use this as my life motto, especially when I am lying in bed reflecting on the day and telling myself, "I should have stayed in bed today." This week has been sad as tomorrow is my last day at the Whitecaps. I called home today, already dreading tomorrow, and was told several unexpected, grave stories about our friends and family.



As the call ended, I walked into my apartment, fell onto the couch and sat there.

Empty. Sick.


What I began analyzing (or admitting) today is these things happen everyday. And a majority of these things I heard about today didn't happen to me. It happened to an uncle, a cousin, another cousin, a friend, a sibling, a patient.

I am not sure where this story was headed, so until I figure that out, read Ephesians 6:10-20 and think of the uncle, the two cousins, the friend, the sibling, and the patient because Murphy's Law might be in full force tonight.

No comments: