Monday, November 26, 2007

My nephews fascinate me. They are incredible young boys with an innocence making them unaware of the reality around them. I fall in love with them more every day, the passion growing and it feels as though every day God stretches my heart more and more to make room for all the love.

Tonight a friend asked about a situation in our family so I briefly explained some of what is going on. For certain reasons I will not go into detail, but I can't help but look at the situation and be in awe of the amount of love amongst everything.

Loving isn't always easy, like walking out into the living room to see my youngest nephew throwing toys at his defenseless older brother. Of course it's an instant time-out and just the other week I made sure the one picked up every single toy in the room (since the time-outs seem to be less effective every day). It doesn't phase me to "punish" them though. They seem to 'somewhat' understand it is for their own good and it was their acts which caused them to sit in the chair. But how can you not love waking up in the morning to two red heads grinning at you racing upstairs so we can sit and eat breakfast together, just the three of us?

My nephews are blessed with so much love from family and they deserve every ounce of it. I don't deserve a single laugh, hug, or kiss from them because they treat me so well it's unreal. They just love to love and it is a beautiful thing to witness their love. Their youth doesn't allow judgment. They don't understand the concept.

They love my dad because he bakes the best and is awesome at basketball. They love my mom because she lets them dig in the dirt and she sings really weird songs. They love their great grandpa because of his cane and big red van. They love Uncle Paul because...well, TRANSFORMERS, duh! They love Aunt Dawinda (Malinda), she's just fun and loud like the rest of us! They love their dad because he is their dad, plain and simple.

And you know what? Nothing else phases them!

No comments: